killer cars

Monday, January 14, 2008

i'm a little upset with my car right now. she and i exchanged some choice words on my way back from raleigh yesterday.

i turn onto wade ave making my merry way toward I-40, singing and bopping along like a dumbass. i hit about 55mph when suddenly my car jerks and i see my odometer shoot from 30,000rpm to 60,000rpm. just as quickly the whole damn thing jerks again and down the needle goes.

then up.
then down.
then up.

all the while i'm yelling obscenities and begging for the stupid thing to not burst into a giant ball of flames with me in the middle.

it's amazing the noises your engine can make when you drive 60 miles on the freeway in your car's lowest gear. new transmission please?



luckily, i made it home in one piece. my car and i have yet to reconcile, but maybe at this moment in time a three month hiatus is just what we need.

in preparing for said hiatus i have continued to be totally lazy. i dread the chore of packing. i'm actually a little scared of the ginormous suitcase my parents bought me. any second i could somehow fall into it and it close the lid, zip up, and lock me in with one of those tiny travel locks.

wish me luck.

2 odds and ends:

toni said...

I'M GLAD YOU'RE ALIVE! CARS ARE SCARY AND DO STUPID THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE!

PACK ME IN YOUR GIANT SUITCASE!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

ps- that picture instantly made me think of that one creepy episode of eerie indiana!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PyleMthQI

katlynadair said...

THAT WAS MY FAVORITE EPISODE OF EERIE INDIANA!!! NO JOKE!

those twins creep me out!