pointless story

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

since it's thanksgiving break, i'm at home. so tonight my sister was all "hey, katlyn. let's go do sister things like paint pottery...blah blah." okay. we get to this place and there are shelves and shelves of blank ceramics for me to choose from. i start getting all weird like "shit. too much to pick from. too much blankness. too few ideas. too sniffly to care."

amidst the abundance of white pottery, i pick the smallest, flatest, cheapest plate i can find. plates are more useful than a ceramic princess riding a unicorn (don't think that wasn't an option, i seriously considered).

now. what the hell do i paint on this thing? from the random firing of neurons that is my thinking pattern, i get the flash of this image:


this little guy is a drawing by carson ellis (whom i love).

birds. they keep popping up all over the place with me lately. i think they're cute, which apparently merits me putting them on everything. like a plate.

tomorrow i'll eat a bird. because it's thanksgiving and that's what you do. when i went to the grocery store to buy the turkey i asked my mom why they were all "fresh young turkeys." i said if we're going to kill the things, we should kill off the old bastards. my mom thought this was funny. i did not. but.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 odds and ends: